Venture Scotland provides a unique outdoor-based personal development Journey programme. We make use of the hills and waterways across Scotland and at our Highland bothy in Glen Etive. Together with our strong network of skilled volunteers, we help young people to turn their own lives around and gain the confidence, skills and qualifications they need to:
• get a job or an education/training place
• build a happier, healthier and more fulfilled life for themselves
• give something back to help
Venture Scotland really does offer something that no other outdoor charities provide and for which there is growing demand. The three things that make Venture Scotland stand out from other outdoor charities - our unique selling points - are:
•Our Journey programme is a proven model: a long-term commitment in four staged modules that allow young people to build their skills, confidence and leadership abilities and gain SCQF accredited qualifications. The Journey is one of the very few programmes that genuinely helps young people to achieve profound and lasting change.
•Our diverse army of volunteers come from all walks of life, including many ex-participants, each with a love of the outdoors and a drive to help vulnerable young people.
•Our Bothy in the stunningly beautiful Glen Etive is where we do our best work. Here we take young people away from their usual urban trappings, well away from any electricity, phone or broadband coverage, where they can deconstruct their previous assumptions about what is possible and rebuild a new sense of direction and purpose.
We also offer every young person
•the chance to gain accredited qualifications from SCQF Level 3 (Foundation Standard Grade) to Level 7 (Adv Higher)
•employment skills training including CV writing and interview skills
•relentless support to find a job, training placement or education opportunity
•the chance to become a volunteer in their own community or with us as a skilled role model for the next participants
Venture Scotland aims to:
- More young people each year will graduate from the Journey programme and successfully gain employment, education & training
- More young people each year experience improved health and well-being and will have significantly reduced (or ended) a key problem area (e.g. drugs, alcohol, offending, homelessness, exclusion or m
- More young people each year will have increased skills and capacities and successfully gain accredited qualifications ranging from Foundation Standard Grade (SCQF Level 3) to Advanced Higher (SCQF
- More volunteers will join us each year and improve their youth work and outdoor skills
- Grow our Edinburgh and Glasgow capability and open 4 new centres, benefitting a total of 400 Journey Graduates across Venture Scotland per annum, by 31st March 2019
Established: March 1987
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 14
Phone number: 01316616786
Address: Office 1&2, 4 Norton Park, Edinburgh EH75RSView charity accounts on the Scottish Charity Commission website