Cosgrove Care is a Glasgow based charity which specialises in providing support and care services for people who have learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorders and mental health issues.
Since its establishment in 1961, Cosgrove has built up a wide range of services for people and families affected by learning disabilities and complex needs. For adults, these have included registered accommodation, supported independent living, volunteer befriending, employment, further education, supported employment and recreational activities. For children and young people, Cosgrove provides developmental training after-school and during holidays.
Today, Cosgrove supports people in East Renfrewshire, Glasgow, the West of Scotland, and Edinburgh. Our services have not only become a lifeline for service users and families, but are recognised by local authorities, the Care Commission and Investors in People as:
• Complying to the highest standards
• Recognising the dignity and welfare of individuals
• Enhancing life, broadening horizons, developing independence and confidence
Cosgrove is committed to the following principles:
• People with learning disabilities and/or mental health issues should have the same rights responsibilities and choices without prejudice as any other citizen.
• People with learning disabilities and/or mental health issues have the right to experience the same pattern of daily life as the rest of the community.
• People with whom we work have the right to be respected as individuals and will be encouraged to take as active a part as possible in the decisions affecting their lives.
Cosgrove aims to:
- At Cosgrove Care, we believe that the people we support should have the same opportunities as everyone else. We believe that everyone should be able to experience new opportunities.
Phone number: 0141 620 2500
Address: The Walton Community Care Centre, May Terrace, Giffnock, G46 6LDView charity accounts on the Scottish Charity Commission website