National Railway Museum
National Railway Museum
The National Railway Museum is the largest railway museum in the world and the most visited museum within the UK outside of London. We hold the UK's foremost collection of railway vehicles & artefacts
We want to create a world class museum where people from all walks of life will choose to explore how railways help shape our world. Our mission is to enable people to explore the story of railways and how they fit into that story.
Through life-enhancing experiences, visitors will gain greater appreciation of railways as a form of transport through an exciting, educational and memorable series of galleries, interactive, web and learning experiences, telling the story of railways past, present and future.
With your help we can:
• Inspire our visitors with our extensive National Collection, enabling them to understand more about the development of the modern world and its relevance to the future, and motivate them to learn more.
• Change how people think, talk and act about railways and transport and their impact on our lives, enabling people to have a say in the issues that shape their future.
• Become the most admired Museum in the world and be a source of pride to the public and our supporters.
Together we can ensure that the National Railway Museum continues to bring delight and excitement to visitors young and old in the years to come.
Thank you to all our visitors who made a donation at one of our museums (MOSI, National Media Museum, National Railway Museum and the Science Museum). Last financial year alone, you very generously donated £1. 6 million towards our work.
You can follow our work, or find out how to visit us, via our website at www. Nrm. Org. Uk
National Railway Museum aims to:
- Support a learning programme which encompasses opportunities for children’s educational development, talks for adults and a close partnership with the University of York.
- Maintain and increase the value of our world-class collections, making them more widely accessible.
- Provide and develop an exciting and vibrant cultural programme at our museum.
- Provide a life-enhancing experience to over 1m visitors at York and over 150,000 visitors to Locomotion by 2013.
Established: July 1975
Board members: 11
Full time staff: 128
Part time staff: 60
Phone number: 01904 686269
Address: National Railway Museum Leeman Road York YO26 4XJ
Showcasing railway heritageWe want to carry on showcasing railway heritage. We want you to see our world renowned col... More