Centre 404 has been working for more than 65 years to support the needs of people with learning disabilities and their families. Today we provide services for over 2,000 people a year from our community centre in Islington, and across North London. Centre 404 was founded by parents of children with learning disabilities and over the years has built vital services across three main areas: Leisure and Learning, Supported housing and Family Support.
Centre 404 is working towards and world where people with learning difficulties and their families have the support they need to enjoy the same rights, freedom, responsibilities, respect, choices, and quality of life as people within the wider community.
We aim to contribute to this by providing excellent quality services and by supporting people with learning difficulties and their families to get their voices and views heard.
At Centre 404 we have been supporting people with learning disabilities and their families for over 65 years, and are committed to continuing to do so. We have three main service areas:
- Supported Housing: Providing support for individuals with a range of disabilities to live independently and be active citizens in this community.
- Learning and Leisure: Delivering groups and activities to children, young people and adults with a broad range of disabilities including multiple and complex needs.
- Supporting Families: working with carers of people of learning disabilities to provide support groups, social activities, practical workshops, individual information and advice and emotional support. We also facilitate carers’ forums, giving them a voice in influencing decision makers.
Our volunteers project works across all these services- providing vital support to all the groups and activities that we deliver and opportunities for people with learning disabilities to gain valuable life skills and experience.
Centre 404 aims to:
- Supporting people with a learning disability to live as independently as possible in their own homes
- Offering recreation and educational activities and groups to children and adults with a learning disability and their families, thereby enhancing their social networks
- offering practical support to carers of children and adults with a learning disability through the provision of information, advice, group activities and training
- Providing volunteering opportunities for people with learning disabilities and those in the local community
- Develop new activities and services in response to the changing needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities
Established: August 1988
Registered Charity Number: 299889
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 84
Part time staff: 112
Phone number: 0207 607 8762
Address: 404 Camden Road N7 0SJView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website