Age UK Oxfordshire
Age UK Oxfordshire
Age UK Oxfordshire is an independent local charity supporting older people in our community to love later life.
Age UK Oxfordshire is an independent local charity supporting older people in our community to love later life. Across the county, we serve 120,000 people of state pension age and in particular we work hard to reach those older people who face a struggle, whether that is through low income, poor health or isolation and loneliness.
We are passionate about supporting older people to stay independent and live life to the full by:
- helping people secure their rights by providing information, advice and support both over the phone and face to face in the community;
- helping people manage daily life by providing ‘that little bit of help’, including practical support at home, foot care and a new Homeshare service;
- helping people enjoy and celebrate life and have ‘something to get up for’ by providing a range of activities and friendship opportunities including lunch clubs, tailored exercise classes, IT learning opportunities, singing groups, book clubs, bereavement support groups, and a local telephone befriending service.
- helping people to have their voices heard through regular panels, forums and campaign groups as well as our innovative project which uses film to give a voice to the seldom heard.
With over 40 years of experience, we employ 180 members of staff and have over 450 volunteers, all of whom share a passion in supporting local people in later life.
Age UK Oxfordshire aims to:
- We work within communities to support older people to stay independent and live life to the full
Established: January 1989
Registered Charity Number: 1091529
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 33
Part time staff: 140
Phone number: 0345 450 1276
Address: 9 Napier Court, Barton Lane OX14 3YTView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
No one should have no oneThere are over 11,000 older people in Oxfordshire who go for a month without speaking to a... More