Zambia Orphans Aid UK
Zambia Orphans Aid UK
Zambia has 1. 2 million orphans out of an est. Population of just 16. 7 million. Many orphans and other vulnerable children are surviving on less that US$1 a day and are not in school. ZOA-UK believes in a world where all children are able to achieve their potential. We create lasting change for vulnerable children and youth in Zambia by empowering community-based partners to provide them with a quality education and social support that helps to break the cycle of poverty in their families.
We empower communities by working collaboratively with local community groups and schools to help them meet the needs of their orphans, vulnerable children and youth. Our work includes:
- Educational support so that impoverished children can attend school
- Helping impoverished youths we have supported through school to gain vocational skills at college or university
- Helping partners to develop small businesses that generate an income that can be used to support children in need in their communities
- School feeding programmes in deprived areas to improve attendance and attainment
- Developing the facilities of community schools to create quality learning environments
- Funding psycho-social support to ensure children remain in school and are able to achieve their potential
Our community-based partners find it difficult to attract funding from other sources, so ZOA works with them to encourage the to develop other income streams. We can make a small amount of money go a very long way.
Zambia Orphans Aid UK aims to:
- Assisting orphans and vulnerable children to complete their schooling in a country where school books, uniforms and tuition fees are a major burden for families, leaving many children out of school.
- Funding community partners so they can generate more income through business and agricultural projects, profits from which can be used to meet the basic needs of impoverished children.
- Helping ZOA-supported school leavers to acquire skills for the world of work by funding scholarships for vocational colleges and university courses.
Established: July 2006
Registered Charity Number: 1145721
Board members: 10
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 01223 890162
Address: 2A Nine Chimneys Lane Balsham Cambs CB21 4ESView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Supporting community schools in ZambiaZOA-UK will work with 3 impoverished communities to help them to educate and feed orphans ... More