Drake Music are leaders in music, disability and technology. We are innovators, educators, curators and advocates. We believe everyone has the right to express themselves creatively through music. We use innovative technologies and ideas to open up access to music for all.
To provide disabled people with inspiring music opportunities at every level, using all aspects of technology as well as a range of other creative solutions, placing the practice of music making, composition and improvisation at the centre of all our activities.
Drake Music aims to:
- • To widen access, engender genuine musical development and increase the number of confident disabled music makers at every level.
- • To create a cadre of autonomous disabled performers and composers with access to an ever-increasing repertoire of new work, often operating in integrated performance situations.
- • To bring disabled musicians into contact with performers and composers at the highest level of music making to create a body of new work for disabled solo performers, ensembles and mixed ensembles.
- • To empower musicians and develop their capabilities to pass on skills to others thereby encouraging equality of participation and collaboration in music making by disabled and non-disabled people.
- • To explore, research and develop new ways of working and music making, develop and share good practice and ensure that Drake Music is at the cutting edge of music technology and music practice.
Established: January 1988
Registered Charity Number: 1034374
Board members: 6
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 9
Phone number: 020 7739 5444
Address: 60-61 Old Nichol Street E2 7HPView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
London Season 2008London Season 2008: a programme of education and outreach for disabled musicians in collab... More