Art Refuge UK
Art Refuge UK
Helping newly arrived Tibetan refugee children in Nepal & India whilst on their transitional journey from Tibet to India and their new lives/ schools, through the use of art and play.
Art Refuge UK is a newly established charity, registered in 2006, founded primarily to promote, protect and preserve the physical and mental health of Tibetan-born refugee children who have recently left Tibet and who have reached one of the Tibetan refugee reception centres in Kathmandu (Nepal) and Dharamsala (India) through the provision of therapy, rehabilitation, education, financial assistance, support and practical advice.
At the heart of Art Refuge UK is the Art Refuge programme which has been designed to provide a context in which vulnerable children can paint, play and explore their experiences in safety, supported by trained staff and volunteers. Art Refuge UK aims to:
• provide children with a foundation for personal growth
• bear witness to their experiences
• nurture their physical and psychological well-being and self esteem and prepare children for (re)entry to school
Art Refuge UK aims to:
- To prepare for school and the next phase of the children’s lives
- To provide a physically and emotionally safe space with Art and Play .
- To help reduce stress, provide normalcy and build self-esteem
- To bear witness to experiences and to keep the children's stories alive
Established: November 2004
Registered Charity Number: 1114353
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 2
Phone number: 07855944795
Address: P. O. Box 37 Aldeburgh Suffolk IP15 5WYView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website