Toynbee Hall works on the frontline in the struggle against poverty. Based in the East End of London we provide free access to services and support for some of the most deprived communities in the UK.
Toynbee Hall is situated in one of the most disadvantaged areas of the UK. Tower Hamlets has the highest rate of child poverty in London and is the second most deprived borough. Many of the people we work with are facing unemployment, poor housing and social isolation and have nowhere else to turn.
We have been a catalyst for social reform in the UK for 130 years and continue to bring together communities, organisations and policy makers to create new ways to help those who find themselves in poverty today.
We support our community in responding to the challenges and opportunities of welfare reform, sustaining and developing our community services while pioneering new, digital based models of social action.
Toynbee Hall works to:
• Provide free support and advice for people struggling with financial, legal and welfare issues
• Give people the financial know-how to improve their lives
• Help people develop the skills, confidence and opportunities to improve their lives
Toynbee Hall aims to:
- To increase financial inclusion
- To increase access to justice
- To support people to get the skills to enable them to get a job
- To improve health and wellbeing
- To strengthen the local community and our place within it
Established: December 1884
Registered Charity Number: 211850
Board members: 16
Full time staff: 70
Phone number: 02073922949
Address: 52 Old Castle Street E1 7AJView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Make It! - Mentoring young people in East LondonSometimes everyone needs a little bit of extra help. Make it! mentors disadvantaged 12 and... More