The Mulberry Bush
The Mulberry Bush
The Mulberry Bush comprises a non-maintained residential special school providing integrated 38-week and 52-week specialist residential therapeutic care, treatment and education for vulnerable and severely traumatised primary aged children and their families from across England and Wales, The Learning and Research Centre, comprising The Mulberry Bush Outreach, our outreach and training department, The Mulberry Bush Research and The International Centre
Providing excellent therapeutic interventions to enable troubled children and their families to reach their full potential by improving relationships and educational achievement.
Our primary task is to help primary aged children who have been unable to live in a family or learn in school, who have deep and complex emotional troubles and have developed antisocial ways of being, to discover helpful ways of living with themselves and others and to see themselves as learners and achievers.
The Mulberry Bush aims to:
- We aim for the children to be able to: Live in a family setting and go on to mainstream or other appropriate school.
- We aim for the children to make outstanding progress in their ability to: Use and apply learnt skill and knowledge and to be a successful learner.
- We aim for the children to make outstanding progress in their ability to: Make a contribution and become involved in the immediate and wider community and to improve their self awareness.
- We aim for the children to be able to play. Many of them have not been able to play because of their environment. Play is essential for healthy development.
- We aim for the children to make outstanding progress in their ability to: Ask for help and make use of it, keep themselves and others safe, build healthy and mutually trusting relationships.
Established: September 1948
Registered Charity Number: 309565
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 100
Part time staff: 5
Phone number: 01865 300202
Address: The Mulberry Bush Organisation, Standlake OX29 7RWView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
The Mulberry Bush School Children's LibraryTo provide a quiet, light and breezy area for the children to calmly read books,have books... More
New Children's TransportTo buy a hybrid people carrier to transport the desperately vulnerable children in our car... More
Play Time For AllOur Big Idea is to provide new therapeutic outdoor play equipment for our 4 existing house... More
HOPE HOUSE PLAYROOM - for traumatised childrenTo build a house for those desperatly vulnerable children some of whom are orphans who hav... More