YoungMinds is the UK's leading charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of all children and young people and empowering their parents and carers
YoungMinds work is embedded in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. The views of children, young people and parents are at the heart of the organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives and futures of many more children and young people experiencing mental distress.
Our vision is of a society that promotes and protects good mental health for all children and young people. A society where children's views are respected and they are loved, safe and enjoy life.
Our mission is to:
* Improve life chances for children and young people at risk of and experiencing difficulties with mental and emotional health
* Achieve better outcomes for parents and families who engage with children's mental health services
* Promote the good mental health and emotional well-being of all children
* We are committed to promoting children's mental health. We work as one integrated organisation where staff contribute their ideas actively. We work effectively in partnership with other charities and agencies and learn from good practice.
* The needs and experiences of children and young people in mental distress drive our work and we make sure their voice is heard by those who influence change.
* Our independence gives us the freedom to stand up and speak out on the issues that affect children and young people's daily lives and the concerns of parents and families caring for their children in today's pressurised and stressful world.
YoungMinds aims to:
- Improve life chances for children and young people at risk of and experiencing difficulties with mental and emotional health
- Promote the good mental health and emotional well-being of all children
- Achieve better outcomes for parents and families who engage with children's mental health services
Established: February 1993
Registered Charity Number: 1016968
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 22
Part time staff: 13
Phone number: 020 7089 5050
Address: Suite 11, Baden Place Crosby Row, London SE1 1YWView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website