4SIGHT support blind and partially sighted people. Based in West Sussex, we provide for over 4,000 people with a wide range of practical support solutions to help them remain independent.
4SIGHT was established in 1921 to support blind and partially sighted people. Everything we do is to ensure that visually impaired people are able to access the information, advice, equipment, skills and confidence needed to continue to live independently after sight loss and to participate actively in their community and family lives. Our work is largely self-funded, through donations, community events and the support of trusts, foundations and local authorities. Services include: Resource Centres around the county, open daily for advice, information, equipment demonstration and equipment purchase. Outreach Sessions – providing ‘clinics’ at areas around the county that are remote from our Resource Centres. Listening & Information Services at Worthing and St Richard's Hospitals providing one to one and immediate support from our trained ophthalmic staff nurses acting as Sight Care Advisors. Contact Officers, trained in low vision assessments, who are mobile around the county to visit members in their own homes, providing appropriate technology and enabling people to re-enter education or employment opportunities. A fully functional specially adapted kitchen in our Resource Centre at Bognor Regis where we can offer hands-on training in safe methods of preparing meals.
4SIGHT aims to:
- Enable people to • Participate actively in their communities and family life • Maintain independence • Access appropriate information and advice
- Enable people to: • Adjust to sight loss • Make the best use of low vision • Combat social isolation
- Enable people to: • Influence service provision, commissioning and planning • Make informed choices about their own health and wellbeing
- Ensble people to: •Access rural and urban facilities and open spaces •Access high quality personal social care and clinical services, and a range of appropri-ate and timely choices
- Campaign to remove the barriers to independence and inclusion experienced by people with sight loss Ensure that blind and partially sighted people participate fully in the governance of 4SIGHT
Established: October 1921
Registered Charity Number: 1075447
Board members: 12
Full time staff: 8
Part time staff: 13
Phone number: 01243 828555
Address: 4SIGHT Bradbury Centre 36 Victoria Drive Bognor Regis West Sussex PO21 2TEView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website