Field Studies Council
Field Studies Council
Field Studies Council, FSC, is an environmental education charity providing opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to discover, explore, and understand the environment.
FSC believes the more we know about and take inspiration from the world around us the more we can appreciate its needs and protect its diversity and beauty for future generations.
• People of all ages and abilities: Everyone, from primary school children to retired adults should have the opportunity to develop knowledge and understanding.
• First-hand experiences: Actually experiencing the environment first-hand opens hearts and minds to its awe and wonder helping to create better understanding and appreciation.
Through our network of learning locations, work overseas and the production of resources FSC provides:
• Fieldwork for schools and colleges
• Natural history and arts courses for individuals
• Specialist training for teachers and environmental professionals
• Holiday courses for families
• Publications to aid independent learning
• Lobbying and campaigning support for learning outside the classroom
• UK and global projects
• Financial support for young people
Each year over 140,000 people experience FSC at one of our UK wide network of learning locations and 17 Field Centres in areas as varied as London’s Royal Parks, the mountains of Snowdonia and the Scottish Highlands or the dramatic coastlines of Devon and west Wales.
Field Studies Council aims to:
- FSC aims to bring environmental understanding to all by inspiring understanding through first hand experience and working with the widest range of people.
Established: September 1943
Registered Charity Number: 313364
Board members: 36
Full time staff: 300
Part time staff: 100
Phone number: 01743 852100
Address: FSC Head Office, Preston Montford, Montford Bridge, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY4 1HWView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Vision North WestThe project will increase the confidence, independence and social skills of 12 young peopl... More
Field Studies Council Young Darwin ScholarshipThe Young Darwin Scholarships provides long term support and opportunities for young peop... More
Outdoor education for children in transition betwe...Residential outdoor education can benefit children during their transition from primary to... More
Outdoor education for disadvantaged children and y...As a charity and not-for-profit organisation, the FSC is the UK’s leading provider of ed... More
Outreach into Black and Minority Ethnic Communitie...From our recent work with all London secondary schools we are aware that, in particular, g... More