Phab creates opportunities for disabled people to enjoy the same activities and challenges as non-disabled people and brings them together through 170 local clubs nationally and residential courses.
Phab, formed in 1957, is a small national charity dedicated to bringing together children, young people and adults with or without a disability. Our aim - to promote and encourage people of all abilities to come together on equal terms, to achieve complete inclusion within the wider community and to make more of life together - is achieved by creating opportunities for disabled people to enjoy the same activities and challenges as non-disabled people, bringing them together through:
• Supporting a network of 170 Clubs (children, young people and adult) throughout England and Wales, with a total membership of around 8,000.
• Organising residential holidays and courses for disabled and non-disabled children and young people to enjoy a range of activities together at fully accessible outdoor centres.
• Promoting independence, confidence and self-reliance, and enhancing the living skills and abilities of young people through various projects embracing the ethos of Phab.
• Providing regular regional and national events to enable all those involved in Phab to benefit from workshops, training, conferences, fun activities, advice, and networking.
• Providing information and support to individuals, families, carers and clubs through our website and our regular newsletters.
Phab aims to:
- To provide residential courses at outdoor activity centres for children and young people to develop their confidence, independence, practical and personal skills, whilst having fun together.
- To bring together children, young people and adults with or without a disability to enjoy and benefit from local Phab clubs, meeting regularly to enjoy different activities together and days out.
- To work with local communities, carers and volunteers to develop new Phab clubs or help support existing clubs, including providing information, training and advice around funding and safeguarding
Established: June 1957
Registered Charity Number: 283931
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 3
Part time staff: 9
Phone number: 020 8667 9443
Address: Phab Summit House 50 Wandle Road Croydon CR0 1DFView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Phab's Inclusive Living Experience ProjectsEnabling disabled children and young people to enjoy the same experiences as and alongside... More