Headway Thames Valley
Headway Thames Valley
For 30 years, Headway Thames Valley has been supporting local people to adapt to life after brain injury. Based in Henley-on-Thames, we work with around 140 people each year throughout Berkshire and South Oxfordshire.
Through a combination of re-ablement programmes and support services, we work to help people regain a degree of independence so that they can live fulfilled lives.
Headway Thames Valley promotes wider understanding of all aspects of brain injury and provides information, support and specialist services to people with brain injury, their families and carers.
Our approach is flexible and long term and aims to increase independence and well-being. A brain injury is a long term health condition, and can often be a hidden disability; challenging every aspect of your life – walking, talking, thinking and feeling. We deliver community-based rehabilitation to a diverse client group through occupational therapy, cognitive therapies, music, art and sports activities.
We are the only charity in the area which provides such a specialist support service and on a daily basis we strive to be part of the solution to the growing pressures facing local hospitals, GPs and adult social care services.
Headway Thames Valley aims to:
- Provide community-based, individually tailored rehabilitation programmes to enhance cognitive, physical and personal development as well as independence and self-esteem for people with brain injuries
- To assist people with an acquired brain injury to reacquire the necessary skills to return to as normal a life as possible.
- To improve community and social re-integration for people with acquired brain injuries.
- To provide support, respite, advice and guidance for families and carers of people with acquired brain injuries.
- To increase awareness and understanding of acquired brain injury and its consequences.
Established: June 1990
Registered Charity Number: 900591
Board members: 7
Part time staff: 7
Phone number: 01491 411469
Address: Brunner Hall, 84b Greys Road, Henley-on-Thames RG9 1TFView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Advice and support for people with brain injuriesThe project will provide vital support to brain injury survivors and their families. Follo... More