VINE for PAT
VINE for PAT
VINE FOR PAT
(Volunteers Investing Neighborly Encouragement for Pregnant/Abused Teenage girls)
Fully supported accommodation for teenagers.
Relying solely on donations to inspire/enhance their future
Established in 1989 to provide a safe, caring environment for pregnant, abused, homeless or potentially homeless female teenagers, who are under nineteen; who are in need through poverty or social exclusion.
Through the provision of accommodation; whilst providing life-skills training, support and counselling with the aim of building the young womens self-esteem and character in the form of motivation and inspiration allowing them to make quality decisions regarding their future.
We intend providing NVQ Training in all aspects of birthing and Motherhood.
The vision also includes operating a crisis pregnancy centre to advise young women about all the options open to them in regards to their pregnancies
The charity is a community based project a perfect example of the Big Society the Government dreams of. For 23 years we have housed and redirected the future steps of young people using all volunteers, even the refurbishment of the facility was completed by volunteers. The Architect,the Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor all top people in their professions offered their work free. Local Companies, Nutricia, Virgin, Airsprung, The Consortium, Barclays Bank, The Big Lottery All of those mentioned even the Lottery all provided their resources without the Charity asking them for help.
Accommodated young females are encouraged to make jewelry/other items we want to inspire enterprise&sales etc
We rely solely on donations to help with costs. And progress we thank all who have donated.
VINE for PAT aims to:
- to develop healthy life styles, this entails providing a weekly healthy food menu,shopping for the food required to meet the menu and preparing of the same into nutritious meals.The beneficiaries are encouraged to get any health issues seen to
- To recognise the importance of a clean healthy environment and how to protect the same. Routines are drawn up to clean bathrooms/wcs, kitchens bedrooms etc.
- To encourage and inspire the beneficiaries to enhance their lifestyles and futures. This could be through in-house training or encouraging them to return to education
- To encourage the development of life-skills, literacy, form filling, application forms for jobs, mathematics incorporating budgeting
- To accommodate homeless pregnant or abused teenagers:;under nineteen years of age in a safe and homely environment. Helping them to deal with problems that has made them homeless.
Established: March 1989
Registered Charity Number: 1001602
Board members: 6
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 01225 710466
Address: Directors House, 67-68 Fore Street Trowbridge Wiltshire BA14 8HQView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Empowering Teens to embrace ThriftTo train young women on how to obtain and use free or economical resources to the best of ... More