One World Media
One World Media
One World Media promotes media that contributes to global dialogue and understanding, human rights and development.
We believe the media can be a powerful tool to increase global dialogue and understanding, to support international development and promote democracy and fair government worldwide.
Since 1987 One World Media has been working with insiders and experts across all media, creating links to people in the fields of international development, human rights and education who share our vision for the world's media and who recognise the part the media can play in tackling issues like poverty, hunger, climate change and conflict resolution.
One World Media aims to:
- Our Awards recognise the most outstanding media coverage of the developing world each year.
- Our Fellowships provide professional development opportunities to mediafrom the developing world, focusing on international dialogue and the promotion of media standards, human rights and development.
- One World Media Week presents a programme of workshops, panel discussions, funding opportunities, screenings and talks.
- Through other activities, often with partner organisations, we work with young people to raise awareness of the wider world in the UK; highlight media as a tool for development in fields like health.
- Our educational work with students and universities enables the next generation of media professionals to engage with the wider world.
Established: January 1987
Registered Charity Number: 296335
Board members: 11
Full time staff: 3
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 0207 922 7941
Address: CAN Mezzanine 32-36 Loman Street London SE1 0EHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website