British Liver Trust
British Liver Trust
The British Liver Trust provides vital patient and family support and campaigns for early detection and better treatment and care of all liver conditions including liver cancer. We are the only liver health charity with a nurse-led helpline and online community, supporting people when they need it most.
Our Mission is to:
- Prevent as many people as possible from developing liver disease;
- Campaign for the best possible care, treatment and support;
- Increase knowledge and awareness on all liver health issues;
- Support research when funding allows
Our Values are:
- To be aspirational;
- To be effective leaders in promoting the best possible liver health;
- To be impactful;
- To be compassionate and caring;
- To always have integrity in everything we do;
- To strive for equality and excellence in everything we do
The British Liver Trust is the leading UK liver disease charity for adults – we provide information and support, fund and champion research and campaign for better services for people with, and affected by, liver disease. We increase awareness of how liver disease can be prevented and promote early diagnosis.
Our strategic objectives are:
• To improve liver health and wellbeing in the UK
• To act as an advocate and be the voice for people with liver disease and their carers
• To deliver excellent support and advice about liver health
• To be known as an excellent resource for all those affected by liver disease
• To be effective in raising awareness of the risk factors of developing liver disease
• To support research into better care and potential cures for patients
British Liver Trust aims to:
- To support those at risk of and affected by liver disease and liver cancer by providing advice, information and support, and through campaigning and lobbying on their behalf.
- To raise public awareness of the ways people can look after their liver and reduce their risk of developing preventable liver damage.
- To increase research into the causes and treatment of liver disease.
Established: August 1988
Registered Charity Number: 298858
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 5
Part time staff: 14
Phone number: 01425 481320
Address: 6 Dean Park Crescent, Bournemouth BH1 1HLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website