Mind is the leading mental health charity in England and Wales. We provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem, and campaign for better mental health for all.
Every year, one in four of us will experience a mental health problem. But hundreds of thousands of people are still struggling to cope and regularly face a lack of support and understanding. At Mind, we believe no-one should have to face a mental health problem alone.
We provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding. We won't give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets the support and respect they deserve.
Mind aims to:
- Staying well: Support people likely to develop mental health problems, to stay well.
- Empowering choice: Empower people who experience a mental health problem to make informed choices about how they live and recover
- Improving services and support: Ensure people get the right services and support at the right time to help their recovery and enable them to live with their mental health problem
- Enabling social participation: Open the doors to people with experience of mental health problems participating fully in society
- Removing inequality of opportunity: Gain equality of treatment for people who experience both mental health and other forms of discrimination
Established: January 1946
Registered Charity Number: 219830
Board members: 16
Full time staff: 134
Part time staff: 42
Phone number: 0208 215 2299
Address: 15-19 Broadway Stratford London E15 4BQView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Better mental health for all: a manifesto for 2015With less than 6 months until the next General Election in 2015, it’s essential that the... More