Elephant Family is the leading UK charity dedicated to saving Asian elephants from extinction in the wild.
Elephant Family is a small but hugely ambitious charity.
Our vision is a world where Asian elephants live in harmony with people, unthreatened in their habitat.
The Asian elephant is a truly magnificent creature. But sadly it’s on the brink of extinction, marooned in ever-decreasing pockets of forest by the spread of human settlements, farming, mining and railways.
In the past 100 years, the elephant population in Asia has shrunk by 90%. In another 30 years, it could easily vanish altogether.
Our mission is ambitious: to reduce the most pressing threats to the endangered Asian elephant and conserve their numbers in the wild.
Elephant Family Trustees are Mark Shand, Lorin Gresser, Ashwan Khanna, Patrick Mark, Dr Paul Jepson and Mark Stewart.
Elephant Family aims to:
- To lobby corporations and governments to take action and recognise their responsibility for the survival of the Asian elephant;
- To financially empower proven Asian partner organisations that add major value to current conservation efforts;
- To grow the in-country conservation movement through education, training and research; and
- To secure sufficient funding to deliver this ambitious programme.
- To make the plight of the Asian elephant known to the man on the street and generate support through mass public engagement campaigns in Asia and the West;
Established: January 2002
Registered Charity Number: 1091671
Full time staff: 11
Phone number: 020 72515099
Address: 17-18 Haywards Place, London EC1R 0EQView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Stop Baby Elephant SmugglingAsian elephant calves are being torn from their families in the wild and subjected to a br... More