The Nelson Trust
The Nelson Trust
Our approach is trauma informed, relational and
oriented to lifelong recovery. In addition to treatment, we provide education, training and employment services, resettlement housing, and support for the recovery community. We also provide a range of services in Gloucestershire, Swindon & Wiltshire and Avon & Somerset from our Women’s Community Centres. We work with justice involved women, women with mental health issues, survivors of violence, abuse, and women experiencing complex disadvantage.
To be a centre of excellence bringing belief, hope and long term recovery to lives affected by drug and alcohol dependencies and entrenched criminal activity. We strive to enable every individual to recover and thrive in their communities.
We believe in the possibility of change and that with the right support, understanding and empowerment, individuals can achieve their full potential.
The Nelson Trust aims to:
- To enable the access of free-of-charge services to women in the Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, and soon Somerset areas through our Women's Centres. These centres offer specialist advice and resources.
- To support clients to leave our residential rehabilitation service in a planned way that ensures success. This includes employment, accommodation, and finding fulfilling, beneficial interests/hobbies
- To provide an integrative care programme that utilises trauma and gender informed approaches to support clients undergoing residential rehabilitation. This ensures a welcoming, safe recovery setting.
- To support clients and the wider recovery community of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire by providing venues and opportunities to undertake volunteering and work experience. Offer accredited job training
- To enhance our family focus through specialist outreach services including an integrated family support worker, a specialist child exploitation worker, and the development of Re-Unite Gloucestershire.
Established: June 1985
Registered Charity Number: 1056672
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 77
Part time staff: 17
Phone number: 01453 732071
Address: Administration Office, Port Lane, Brimscombe, Stroud, Gloucestershire GL5 2QJView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Somerset Women's CentreTo support women who have been in contact with the criminal justice system or are at risk ... More