Nelson Trust is one of the longest established addiction treatment centres in the UK and is at the forefront of innovation in the treatment of substance misuse, supporting people to full recovery
Our mission is to ensure that people addicted to alcohol, drug and with other dependencies are offered the best possible opportunity for a healthy and fulfilling life by providing them with a continuum of high quality treatment, support and resettlement programmes. We provide:
An integrative care programme for people with drug and alcohol addiction problems, and who may also have eating disorders, to develop a healthy life style and become and remain free of substance misuse;
Support and assistance with education, training and employment placements;
Support for clients who are 'moving on' towards independent living;
Safe, supported housing for clients at all stages of their treatment for addiction;
A safe, therapeutic environment across all services and facilities.
We research our client group's needs to ensure our service develops to meet their requirements.
We identify new client groups that could benefit from our unique skills and develop programmes accordingly.
Nelson Trust aims to:
- To embed recognition of the work of our ISIS Women's Centre for vulnerable women with complex needs who are at risk of offending as an effective alternative to short term prison sentences.
- To support clients who are 'moving on' towards an independent lifestyle and permanent housing after successfully completing treatment for addiction
- To provide an integrative care programme for people with addiction to drugs and alcohol to become and remain free from substance misuse in a safe therapeutic environment
- To support clients recovering from addiction by facilitating and providing assistance with education, training and employment placements
- To develop our Family Focus team which supports families who have a family member with substance misuse problems and also young people who are at risk of becoming substance misusers
Established: June 1985
Registered Charity Number: 1056672
Board members: 9
Full time staff: 42
Part time staff: 40
Phone number: 01453 885633
Address: Port Lane Brimscombe Stroud Gloucestershire GL5 2QJView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website