Motiv8 South Ltd
Motiv8 South Ltd
We are a life-changing charity for children, young people and families. We create quality long term support to help vulnerable people to move forward positively and make sustained change. The young people we support are often living with significant disadvantage, are at risk and are facing multiple barriers in their daily lives.
Motiv8 engages with young people and supports then to access better life chances.
Motiv8 believes that everything starts with building positive, trusting relationships. Sometimes the situations young people find themselves in mean they can't always see the positives in themselves. It's through positive healthy relationships that we know how to be kind, what impact our choices have on others, how we can have trust and understand that not everyone's out to hurt us.
Our teams can implement flexible and varied support methods designed to give young people aged 9 – 24 support and guidance when they need it most, alongside their significant others, families, parents, carers, siblings and partners.
Our ethos is built uniquely on their voluntary engagement, to be their advocate, to be committed and persistent. We walk alongside young people on their journey by,
• Establishing and maintaining trusting relationships
• Understanding and valuing a young person’s ability
• Highlighting and boosting skills, knowledge and potential
• Collaboratively working – helping people to do things for themselves
• Connecting them to their community
• Developing a sense of belonging
The young people we are supporting feel safe, listened to and understood. Together we stabilise their lives, raise aspirations, develop resilience and guide them further with, life-chances like skills for work, enabling them to live, learn and earn.
Motiv8 South Ltd aims to:
- Community - Our work takes place in the heart of the community with teams based in Portsmouth, Havant, Gosport and Fareham. Through outreach and street based work we engage young people
- One to one mentoring - 1 and 5 hours of contact time each week with individual young people in one to one mentoring dependant on their needs.
- Group work – Motiv8 staff deliver between 30 and 40 hours of open access dedicated youth provision (Youth clubs), peer support and detached community based youth work on average each week
Established: January 1998
Registered Charity Number: 1069085
Board members: 9
Full time staff: 36
Part time staff: 20
Phone number: 02392 832727
Address: 6 Queen Street po1 3HLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website