Lancashire Mind Ltd
Lancashire Mind Ltd
Our vision, mission and objectives will be achieved through three main ways of working:-
1. Influencing and campaigns: Organised actions to bring about changes in policy, behaviour and culture.
2. Training and advising: Improving skills & knowledge to support the mental wellbeing of others as part of workforce or community development
3. Specific intervention: Time limited projects providing personal tools and support to individuals and communities
Mental Wellbeing for All
Revolutionise attitudes, Challenge perceptions, Alter provision.
1. To build a happier Lancashire.
2. To ensure people and communities can overcome barriers to mental wellbeing.
3. To build resilience from an early age.
4. To ensure mental health is seen to be as important as physical health.
5. To ensure everyone experiencing a mental health condition is treated as an equal by society.
Lancashire Mind Ltd aims to:
- Create a Happier Lancashire. Social support and the five ways to wellbeing are recognised factors in building resilient communities (Mind, 2013).
- Ensure all people and communities can overcome barriers to mental wellbeing. We believe everyone can achieve mental wellbeing, however support can be needed to overcome personal and societal barriers.
- Build resilience from an early age. Most mental health conditions present before adulthood. Mental wellbeing for all can be achieved by supporting a generation that views mental health differently.
- Ensure mental health is seen as important as physical health. Central to achieving our vision is increasing the value placed on mental health across society.
- Ensure anyone experiencing a mental health condition is treated as an equal by society. Achieve a shift in attitudes towards mental health and anyone experiencing a mental health condition.
Established: January 2012
Registered Charity Number: 1081427
Board members: 12
Full time staff: 24
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 01257 231660
Address: 80-82 Devonshire Road PR7 2DRView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website