Worcester Cathedral is a vibrant community which serves the city and the diocese of Worcester, attracting over 300,000 visitors each year from all over the world. As a top 10 Heritage City and ranked as England’s safest city, Worcester is a favourite destination and was recently voted in the top 5 of England's most cultural cities. In 2017, the Cathedral was voted in the top 10 of the UK’s free to visit tourist attractions. We are open every day and receive no statutory public funding.
The Cathedral takes seriously its role as a ‘centre of mission’ in cherishing its own history, encouraging scholarship and research, and also allowing the story of the building to tell the story of the faith.
Worcester Cathedral aims to:
- A CENTRE OF MISSION Cherishing its own history, encouraging scholarship and research, and allowing the story of the building to tell the story of the faith.
- WELCOMING VISITORS AND ENGAGING WITH SOCIETY The Cathedral seeks to stay true to St Benedict’s injunction to ‘receive every guest as if they were Christ’.
- A CENTRE OF WORSHIP AND A SACRED SPACE There are three/four services each day and additional Festival services and we provide frequent spiritual workshops and study days.
- EDUCATION, TRAINING AND PASTORAL CARE In addition to our work with schools, we provide an extensive range of academic and vocational education and training and employment opportunities.
- MUSIC AND THE ARTS The Cathedral hosts a diverse programme of concerts, exhibitions and drama which attract many thousands of new and repeat visitors.
Phone number: 01905 732912
Address: 8 College Yard, Worcester WR1 2LA
Adopt a Book at Worcester Cathedral LibraryWorcester Cathedral's library is ranked among the most important in the country for mediev... More
A new Centre for Learning, Heritage and ArtsThe vision is to conserve and bring into public use for the first time a wonderful 12th ce... More
Sponsor a Stone on the Edgar TowerThe Edgar Tower is one of Worcester's oldest structures. This impressive gateway stands o... More
Endow a Day of Music at Worcester CathedralThere has been a choir at the Cathedral for over 1,000 years. A day in the calendar year ... More
Leaving a Legacy to Worcester CathedralA gift in your Will is one of the most special and enduring ways that you can support Worc... More
Benefactors of Worcester CathedralThroughout its history, Worcester Cathedral has been sustained by the incredible generosit... More