Road Victims Trust
Road Victims Trust
Our professional Coordinators and specialist Counselling Volunteers provide free emotional and practical support to people affected by the trauma and bereavement of fatal road collisions in Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire for as long as is useful.
Death, especially sudden, violent, unexpected death is something which, instinctively, most people tend to choose to distance themselves from. It is an issue that is too dreadful to deal with, or think about, so the reaction of most of us is to believe that it could never happen to someone we love - so we don't need to consider it.
Unfortunately it can happen to almost anyone in a road collision. Yet there is no stautory support for such victims. We at the Road Victims Trust therefore believe we have to provide it. Every year around 100 people are killed on the roads in Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire. We support friends, families and witnesses in these Counties bereaved or otherwise affected in this way when they are still in the earliest stages of grief and who are often overwhelmed with shock, disbelief, devastation and confusion.
The principles and whole ethos of RVT reflect a primary and compelling aspiration to provide personal support to all those affected by the trauma caused by fatal road collisions. We value:
- Supporting our clients through their grieving process, identifying and responding to their needs.
- Meeting our obligations and delivering our promises.
- Caring for the emotional and physical well-being of staff and volunteers.
- Equality of opportunity, diversity, honesty, fairness, openness and integrity in all that we do.
- Making the best use of our resources
Road Victims Trust aims to:
- To advance public education and awareness of the impact of fatal road collisions on individuals, families and communities.
- To provide free emotional and practical support to victims and witnesses of fatal road collisions in Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire.
Established: September 2003
Registered Charity Number: 1142336
Board members: 9
Full time staff: 6
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 01234 843345
Address: 146 Bedford Road Kempston Bedford MK42 8BHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Supporting road death victims and witnessesTo sustain, maintain and improve upon the RVT provision of free emotional and practical su... More