St Andrew's Club
St Andrew's Club
It can be tough growing up in Westminster. Around 700 members depend on St Andrew’s Club each year in our ‘neutral’ environment, that isn’t tied to a housing estate. Our amazing youth workers offer local young people the chance to thrive and give back to society through youth programmes, which help them develop educationally, socially and personally. St Andrew's Club is the world’s oldest youth club. It has been making a priceless contribution to the local community for 150 years.
St Andrew’s Club gives to young people of diverse backgrounds a sense of belonging and fun, in a safe and attractive environment, where they develop self-confidence, self-respect and respect for others and, thereby their ability to contribute to society as good citizens.
The Club provides activities that are enabling, educational and participative for young people from the age of 5 to adulthood through an inspiring programme of sport, creative and recreational activities, practical skills, preventative work, excursions and training, including our own youth development programme.
St Andrew's youth workers have been trained to have high regard for all aspects of children and young people's well-being, adhering to the best-practice standards of youth work and engaging individually with each member to build relationships and trust.
St Andrew's Club aims to:
- Through our wide programme we aim to develop in our young people a sense of responsible citizenship and help them flourish and fulfil their potential.
- Our issues-based workshops, such as drugs, gangs & radicalisation aim to develop knowledge and attitudes of young people to help them think for themselves and make informed choices.
- Our informal education programmes (many of which are accredited in the field of sport and youth work) aim to provide a sense of worth in members not achieving in the formal education system.
- Through our youth development programme we aim to develop our talented youth workers, most of whom were members themselves, to be excellent role models.
- Experiences provided by our connections with local businesses and through our regular trips out aim to open the eyes of our members and widen their horizons.
Established: November 1866
Registered Charity Number: 1103322
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 4
Part time staff: 20
Phone number: 02072226481
Address: Alec Wizard House, 12 Old Pye Street, WestminsterLondon SW1P 2DGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Thursday nights – more than a youth clubIt can be tough growing up in Westminster. St Andrew’s Club’s varied youth programmes ... More