Tennis For Free
Tennis For Free
Tennis for Free aims to provide free access to tennis courts in local parks and to populate these free courts with vibrant tennis communities by offering free weekly coaching sessions for everyone.
Through our work, Tennis for Free increases the number of people playing tennis in local communities by encouraging children and their families to take part in free tennis coaching sessions on a weekly basis.
In the next 5 years, Tennis for Free has pledged to:
• increase tennis participation by up to 100,000, thereby reversing the trend which has seen tennis participation fall to just 402,000 weekly players in 2011 (148,000 lower than the target set by Sport England)
• To rescue up to 50 park courts from demolition, working with Sport England and the LTA to identify and regenerate park tennis courts at risk
• To co-ordinate a cohesive, long term, self-sustaining grass roots tennis policy linking Sport England, the LTA, local Councils and tennis clubs/tennis providers.
Tennis For Free aims to:
- To increase the number of free tennis courts available to the general public in parks across the country, by working with local councils to encourage them to drop court charges.
- To increase the number of people - especially young people - playing tennis, by providing free coaching initiatives around the UK. We aim to introduce 100,000 new people to tennis in the next 5 years
Established: May 2004
Registered Charity Number: 1103765
Board members: 3
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 020 7609 9026
Address: 55 Thornhill Square London N1 1BEView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Free community tennis coaching in 10 public parksWe will increase the number of people playing tennis in disadvantaged communities by encou... More