Abney Park Trust
Abney Park Trust
The Abney Park Trust protects and promotes Abney Park, one of London's Magnificent 7 Victorian cemeteries - an inner city woodland nature reserve, memorial park and place of recreation and education.
Abney Park Trust protects and promotes Abney Park as a statutory Local Nature Reserve, listed park with listed buildings, including the first non-denominational chapel in Europe, and place of remembrance.
We provide opportunities and facilities for education and recreation, encouraging greater understanding of the heritage and natural assets at Abney Park.
We preserve Abney Park as a place of peace and tranquility, aiding quiet reflection, maintaining Abney's green spaces as a vital resource for improving the physical and mental health of the local community.
The Trust is dedicated to balancing the importance given to the various aspects of Abney Park and negotiating any conflicts between various users.
The Trust is dedicated to making the governance of, and planning for, Abney as open as possible, encouraging a range of inputs from the local community, and any interested individuals and groups.
Abney Park Trust aims to:
- Protect and promote Abney Park, one of the Magnificent Seven Victorian cemeteries of London, as a memorial park, statutory Local Nature Reserve and heritage site.
- Facilitate use of Abney Park by individuals, local community groups, student groups, young artists and performers, educational and childcare organisations and others at no or low cost where necessary
- Promote conservation and education about biodiversity
- Promote conservation and education about local heritage and history
- Offer opportunities for education, training and recreation particularly to disadvantaged groups
Established: August 1991
Registered Charity Number: 1005334
Board members: 6
Full time staff: 2
Phone number: 020 7275 7557
Address: South LodgeAbney ParkStoke Newington High StreetLondon N16 0LHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website