Home-Start Manchester's vision is that every parent is given the support they need to give their children the best possible start in life.
Home-Start Manchester recruits, trains and supervises local people with parenting or caring experience who volunteer their time to support families with primary school children. Volunteers visit families for 2-3 hours each week, in the family's home and surrounding community, providing emotional and practical support.
Home-Start is an early intervention service, aiming to support families as early in a child's life or as early as issues arise, to help prevent crisis and family breakdown.
Home-Start's volunteer programme also contributes significantly to reducing unemployment and increasing community capacity and integration.
Home-Start Manchester aims to:
- To reduce isolation of families and local people (volunteers).
- To improve the emotional well-being of parents, children and local people (volunteers).
- To increase the number of children who are ready for school.
- To reduce the impact on children of parental ill health, domestic abuse, immigration issues and substance misuse.
- To increase the confidence and self esteem of local people, including children.
Established: September 2004
Registered Charity Number: 1105353
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 6
Part time staff: 8
Phone number: 0161 721 4493
Address: The Bridge, 59 Gladeside Rd, Wythenshawe M22 9QYView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Holistic home support for parentsSupporting young families to draw on and recognise their strengths, helping them through t... More