Acet UK was founded in 1988 by Dr Patrick Dixon as a Christian response to AIDS. We equip & inspire individuals, schools, churches & organisations to promote healthy self-esteem, positive relationships & good sexual health. This is achieved by delivering relationships & sex education to young people, training & equipping a network of relationships and sex educators, & supporting international partners who share our vision & values in sub-Saharan Africa, Eastern Europe, & Asia.
We want to see a world where people have healthy self-esteem & respect for each other, leading to positive relationships and good sexual health. We want to see people flourish & reach their potential because they understand how unique and precious they are. We want a world where people can build, enjoy & maintain safe and fulfilling relationships. We want to see culture transformed so that sex is valued & people are able to have a better understanding of human sexuality – our desire to connect deeply with others. As an organisation that began as a Christian response to HIV & AIDS, we also want to see a shift in culture so that those living with HIV are integrated into every part of society – every community, every church & every institution.
acet UK aims to:
- Educate young people through our Esteem relationships & sex education programme
- Share our expertise through delivering training & providing resources (our Esteem programme) to those who work with young people & communities (i.e. youth workers, teachers, health practitioners, etc)
- Provide support to parents on how to talk to their children about relationships & sex
- Train & mobilise churches to respond to issues of relationships & sexual health
- Work with & train international partners who share our vision & values & are committed to mobilising the church to promote healthy relationships, improve sexual health & respond to the HIV pandemic
Established: May 1988
Registered Charity Number: 299293
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 5
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 01244566111
Address: Abbey House, Abbey Green, Chester CH1 2JHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Esteem: Championing quality RSE for young peopleTo improve the wellbeing and sexual health of 23,000 young people in the UK through delive... More