Prostate Cancer UK
Prostate Cancer UK
We are the UK's leading prostate cancer charity. We fund research, provide support and lead change.
Men United is our movement for everyone who believes men are worth fighting for.
We're here to raise awareness of prostate cancer, the most common cancer in men. Every year in the UK, 40,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer - that's one every 15 minutes. By 2030, prostate cancer will be the most common of all cancers.
We're here to fight prostate cancer and have three primary goals:
* Fund research - we need better diagnostic tests, better treatment options
* Support men and families - we operate a specialist nurse helpline and other support services for men and families affected by prostate cancer
* Lead change - we work with government agencies and petition parliament to ensure that prostate cancer gets the voice it deserves.
To this end, we have formed Men United, a movement for everyone who believes that men are worth fighting for. Whether it's big or small, signing a petition or running a marathon, doing it together is what really matters. We know that what starts with a quick 'hello', a chat in the pub or a barbecue with mates can end up a nationwide movement for men - ready to fight for their friends, themselves and men everywhere. That's why Men United starts with friendship.
Whatever you do together, you'll be helping us push for real change, from more effective testing to better treatments. We've made some good strides with addressing the injustice around prostate cancer, but with one man an hour still dying of prostate cancer, there's a long way to go.
Prostate Cancer UK aims to:
- We fund much needed research into better tests, better treatment options and better outcomes. We want to be able to separate the "tigers from the pussy cats" and to treat accordingly.
- We support men and families through our specialist nurse service. We've embraced technology and now offer live webchat as part of our portfolio.
- We work with health providers to bring about change in service provision. We campaign for change at national government level to ensure that prostate cancer gets the attention it deserves.
Established: January 1996
Registered Charity Number: 1005541
Phone number: 020 3310 7236
Address: Fourth Floor, The Counting House 53 Tooley Street LONDON SE1 2QNView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website