Dorset Wildlife Trust
Dorset Wildlife Trust
Dorset Wildlife Trust is the largest conservation charity in Dorset with over 25,000 members. We are committed to ensuring that there is a secure future for Dorset’s nature - its distinctive wildlife and natural spaces. We use a sound evidence base, influence and wide practical experience of land management and marine conservation to inspire, inform and engage people in Dorset.
Through our guidance we help others to carry forward policies that are beneficial for nature within both the rural and urban economy. We provide opportunities for everyone to appreciate and understand Dorset's unparalleled natural heritage, and strives to ensure that future generations will be able to enjoy a quality of life at least as rich and diverse as we have now.
We do this in Dorset through co-operating in partnerships and also regionally and nationally, through our affiliation with 47 other County Trusts within the Royal Society of Wildlife Trusts. Find out more at The Wildlife Trusts website and the South West Wildlife Trusts website.
OUR VISION IS A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE FOR DORSET'S WILDLIFE AND PEOPLE, WHERE NATURE CONSERVATION CONTRIBUTES TO EVERYONE'S QUALITY OF LIFE AND THAT OF FUTURE GENERATIONS.
Dorset Wildlife Trust aims to:
- To enhance, restore and reconnect habitats to meet targets in the Dorset Biodiversity Strategy and increase resilience to climate change, using our nature reserves and working with other land managers.
- To influence strategic land and sea management programmes, policies and practices of organisations to the benefit of wildlife in Dorset.
- To establish a Dorset-wide biodiversity recording and monitoring system, based on up-to-date data for use by a wide partnership and volunteer recorders.
- To enable communities to contribute to Living Landscapes and Living Seas through local initiatives and action.
- To extend the range of volunteering opportunities for people of all backgrounds/abilities to play an active role in conservation.
Established: March 1961
Registered Charity Number: 200222
Phone number: 01305 264620
Address: Brooklands Farm Forston Dorchester Dorset DT2 7AAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website