With a history spanning over a century, UK Youth is a leading national charity committed to ensuring all young people are empowered to build bright futures, regardless of their background or circumstances.
UK Youth's mission is to provide all young people with access to appropriate, high quality services in their local community or online.
We sit at the heart of a national network of members to support an estimated four million young people across the UK.
Together with our network, we offer support, advice and training to equip young people with the vital life skills needed to engage in education, volunteering and employment.
Underpinning everything we do are three core values:
1) We work with young people on their terms
2) We are committed to working in partnership
3) We advocate on behalf of young people and the youth sector
The majority of the young people we work with are aged 8-24 and primarily from disadvantaged backgrounds:
• Over half (52%) of the young people on our programmes are from the 30% most deprived areas of the UK
• Over three quarters (77%) face personal barriers, the most common of which are: low income family, not in education, employment or training (NEET), special educational needs, young carer and mental health challenges
We consistently find that our programmes deliver high impact to young people who begin with low life skills:
• Almost 100,000 young people took part in our programmes in 2017
• 95% of those who began with low emotional and social capabilities reported increasing these
• Within this, 90% increased their confidence, 91% increased their communication and 96% increased their receptiveness
UK Youth aims to:
- UK Youth’s vision is for all young people to be empowered to build bright futures, whatever their background or circumstances.
- Our first goal is for all young people to be able to access support in their local community or online.
- Our second goal is for all young people to be able to develop their life skills.
- Our third goal is for all young people to be able to engage with training, volunteering or employment.
Established: February 1911
Registered Charity Number: 1110590
Board members: 18
Full time staff: 63
Part time staff: 14
Phone number: 020 3137 3810
Address: UK Youth, 483 & 485 Liverpool Road, London N7 8PGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Releasing Youth Potential to Build Bright FuturesReleasing Youth Potential will provide 350 disadvantaged and vulnerable young people livin... More
UK Youth Bursary FundTo create a bursary fund to enable young people from all over the UK to access our headqua... More
UK Youth's Basic Cookery & Balanced Eating ProjectWe want to develop a Basic Cookery & Balanced Eating programme for disadvantaged young peo... More
Youth Achievement FoundationsUK Youth wants to expand on an innovative and transformational educational approach that s... More
Avon Tyrrell UK Youth Bike Track ProjectTo build a 'pump and gravity' bike track at UK Youth's Avon Tyrrell centre in the New Fore... More
Youth Achievement Foundation, Avon TyrrellCreate a permanent facility and mentoring programme to provide an alternative and complime... More
The Avon Tyrrell Historic Estate PlanAvon Tyrrell is UK Youth’s HQ and activity centre in the New Forest providing training,... More
Avon Tyrrell Community Water Conservation ProjectUK Youth wants to re-instate a sustainable drinking water supply at its Avon Tyrrell centr... More
Avon Tyrrell Eco-health Community Project'Ecotherapy' provides lasting and transformational effects on those suffering mental healt... More