With a history spanning over a century, UK Youth is a leading national charity committed to ensuring all young people are empowered to build bright futures, regardless of their background or circumstances.
UK Youth's mission is to provide all young people with access to appropriate, high quality services in their local community or online.
We sit at the heart of a national network of members to support an estimated four million young people across the UK.
Together with our network, we offer support, advice and training to equip young people with the vital life skills needed to engage in education, volunteering and employment.
Underpinning everything we do are three core values:
1) We work with young people on their terms
2) We are committed to working in partnership
3) We advocate on behalf of young people and the youth sector
The majority of the young people we work with are aged 8-24 and primarily from disadvantaged backgrounds:
• Over half (52%) of the young people on our programmes are from the 30% most deprived areas of the UK
• Over three quarters (77%) face personal barriers, the most common of which are: low income family, not in education, employment or training (NEET), special educational needs, young carer and mental health challenges
We consistently find that our programmes deliver high impact to young people who begin with low life skills:
• Almost 100,000 young people took part in our programmes in 2017
• 95% of those who began with low emotional and social capabilities reported increasing these
• Within this, 90% increased their confidence, 91% increased their communication and 96% increased their receptiveness
UK Youth aims to:
- UK Youth’s vision is for all young people to be empowered to build bright futures, whatever their background or circumstances.
- Our first goal is for all young people to be able to access support in their local community or online.
- Our second goal is for all young people to be able to develop their life skills.
- Our third goal is for all young people to be able to engage with training, volunteering or employment.
Established: February 1911
Registered Charity Number: 1110590
Board members: 18
Full time staff: 63
Part time staff: 14
Phone number: 020 3137 3810
Address: UK Youth, 483 & 485 Liverpool Road, London N7 8PGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Vital opportunity for disadvantaged young peopleWe will bring young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to the New Forest to participate... More