Age Exchange is the UK's leading reminiscence charity. We specialise in the use of reminiscence to improve the lives of those with dementia and their carers. This, coupled with a community hub in the heart of South East London, helps to combat loneliness and isolation through bringing generations together, providing activities for older people, intergenerational theatre productions, running a community library and a not for profit cafe and volunteering opportunities to promote active ageing.
Our mission is to change lives through reminiscence, improving health and wellbeing.
1. To reduce isolation and loneliness
2. To promote intergenerational understanding
3. To improve the quality of life and care for older people and those with dementia
4. To support carers to maintain their own health and wellbeing
Age Exchange strives to be person-centred, creative, open and inclusive in all that we do. We believe that these values are central to health and wellbeing.
People are at the heart of everything that we do. We believe that focusing on the individual, their stories and experiences is the cornerstone of reducing loneliness and improving wellbeing.
Age Exchange aims to:
- Develop programs to improve the quality of life and care for older people and those with dementia
Established: October 1983
Registered Charity Number: 326899
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 9
Phone number: 02083189105
Address: 11 Blackheath Village SE3 9LAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
"Including Everybody"To radically improve disabled facilities and accessibility in our two buildings.