The Log Cabin
The Log Cabin
The Log Cabin provides inclusive adventure play and short breaks (respite care) for children and young people who have disabilities and special needs, or who are in need. Founded in 1980 and open all year round, it aims to make a positive difference to their lives by providing exciting and stimulating play opportunities in a safe, caring and fun environment. Many of the children have severe and profound disabilities and need 1:1 support from our staff. Without the Log Cabin around 350 children would have nowhere safe to play as ordinary parks and playgrounds are not suited to their individual needs.
The Log Cabin is committed to equality and aims to make a positive difference to the lives of children and young people who have additional needs or disabilities or who are in need, by providing exciting and stimulating play opportunities in a safe, caring, inclusive and fun environment.
The Log Cabin gives a vital break to families, who can become exhausted from caring for a disabled child. Many families live in socially excluded areas of the community where deprivation levels are high; they have no access to private transport, and would struggle taking their children on public transport. Our minibuses travel across the borough to pick up children and deliver them home at the end of the day, thus allowing access to many isolated families.
The Log Cabin aims to:
- To improve the welfare of families who have a child or children with additional needs or disabilities by providing short breaks and childcare
- To ensure equality of opportunity for children, staff and volunteers and to be inclusive in the service we offer, integrating all children in the activities we offer and encouraging social interaction
- To empower children to make informed choices and to gain a sense of achievement and self-respect
- To support children in developing socially, physically, intellectually, creatively and emotionally
- To provide high-quality services such as holiday playschemes, an after school club and school sessions for children and young people with disabilities and additional needs
Established: July 1980
Registered Charity Number: 275183
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 12
Phone number: 020 8840 3400
Address: 259 Northfield Avenue, Ealing, London W5 4UAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
The Log Cabin PlaybusMany, many children and young people with disabilities and special needs come to the Log C... More