Tenovus Cancer Care
Tenovus Cancer Care
*support people affected by cancer: delivering treatments, on our specially designed Mobile Units, support and advice in the community
*provide social support, i. E. Sing with Us choirs
*run a nurse-led Freephone Cancer Support Line (0808 808 1010): open from 8am to 8pm, 365 days a year
*run a nurse Callback service for cancer patients
*deliver health and wellbeing interventions in the community, helping people reduce their risk of developing cancer
*invest a £1 million annually in research
We aim to help prevent, treat and find a cure for cancer by delivering innovative, research-led cancer prevention, treatment and support in the heart of the community.
Our notable achievements in 2016-2017 included:
- over 5,000 patients have received treatment, including chemotherapy, in the heart of the community on our Mobile Cancer Support Unit in the past three years
- our Unit offers counselling, entitlements advice and an on-board health check
- our specialist advisers have helped over 600 patients and their families with financial worries and concerns during the last 12 months
- 1,184 people received help and support from our Cancer Support Team last year
- currently, we fund nineteen PhD Studentship projects covering a wide range of subjects, from the development of new drugs and treatments to the social and practical implications of a cancer diagnosis
- we have developed the Tenovus Innovation Grants to fund innovative, people-focused research projects that cover the whole cancer journey
- we have developed a proactive telephone chemotherapy call-back service that helps us provide support to patients working with their consultants at the time they need it most
- we have established a Telephone Counselling Service
- we have carried out a number of health checks and awareness days in communities that suffer from disproportionately high incidences of cancer.
Tenovus Cancer Care aims to:
- To provide support and treatment to cancer patients and their families closer to home in unique ways.
- To represent the needs of cancer patients and their families.
- To conduct and fund research to improve cancer outcomes and experience.
- To work with communities to develop and implement realistic cancer prevention and healthy lifestyle programmes.
Established: September 1943
Registered Charity Number: 1054015
Board members: 14
Full time staff: 152
Part time staff: 105
Phone number: 029 2076 8850
Address: Gleider House, Ty Glas Road, Llanishen Cardiff CF14 5BDView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Mobile Cancer Treatment and Support UnitAccess to cancer treatments and support is a major issue and the source of considerable in... More