the nia project
the nia project
The nia project is an independent charity dedicated to the elimination of violence against women and children and to providing appropriate support to survivors. The nia project was amongst the first refuge projects in the country, and is still an active member of the Women’s Aid Federation, England (WAFE).
the nia project has been recognised as a model of best practice. In October 2005, the organisation received a Mayor of London Award of Distinction in recognition of outstanding and innovative work to further the aims of the London Domestic Violence Strategy and to make London a safer place. More recently, nia project training courses for professionals received accreditation from Royal Holloway, University of London.
Services provided include:
* Safe accommodation in our 6 refuges across 2 London boroughs, one of which is specifcally for refugee women and another of which is suitable for women with older sons
* Legal advice and representation
* Community-based support and advocacy for women not staying in refuge accommodation
* Specialisr support for BMER (black, minority ethnic, refugee) women, women involved in prostitution and women with substance misuse issues
* Specialist support for women who have experienced sexual violence
* Therapeutic services for children affected by violence and abuse (Ofsted-registered)
* Young People's Workers working with young people and education professionals around domestic violence, sexual bullying and young women at risk of sexual exploitation
* Accredited training on issues relating to violence against women and children for professionals across all sectors
Registered Charity Number: 1037072
Phone number: 020 7683 1270View charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
"What About Me?" Therapeutic Groupwork Programme ...We want to enable children and young people affected by domestic violence and abuse to cop... More