The Forward Trust
The Forward Trust
Forward empowers people to break the cycle of addiction or crime to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years we have been working with people to build positive and productive futures. Our services follow a broad and evidence based framework, but is tailored to each individual's needs, strengths and motivations.
We believe that anyone is capable of lasting change. Our services have supported thousands of people to make changes to create better lives with jobs, family, friends, and a sense of community.
Working in 25 prisons and various community settings, we aim to provide service users with high quality harm reduction, care and assessment. At the same time we aim to provide all service users with the motivation, inspiration and support to believe in their ability to make transformational change in their lives. For those who resolve to make such changes, we offer a range of structured programmes and pathways to build and maintain recovery.
The Forward Trust aims to:
- Empowering: We believe in nurturing self-belief and independence to empower people to achieve their goals
- Collaborative: We seek out opportunities to collaborate with others, identifying common goals and complementary expertise and abilities. we strive to achieve the best outcomes together.
- Expert: We approach problems using insights and evidence to find a solution. Our approaches are proven to work and make a positive impact.
- Courageous: We are deeply committed to our work and ambitious in what we can achieve. We are unafraid to challenge or speak up if it’s needed to do the best work we can.
- Innovative: We embrace creativity in all that we do. Whether seeking out new approaches, adapting and responding to changes around us, solving problems, or engaging others.
Established: January 1991
Registered Charity Number: 1001701
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 300
Part time staff: 70
Phone number: 020 3752 5601
Address: the Foundry, 17 the Oval way SE11 5RRView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
The Bridges: Breaking the CycleTo break the cycle of addiction and crime by providing ex-offenders with the intensive sup... More
RAPt Recovery SupportTo provide services to men and women after they have completed the RAPt intensive drug & a... More
The Bridges - HullThe Bridges gives men who are addicted to drugs/alcohol and have committed crimes associat... More