Clean Break offers specialist theatre education for women with experience of the criminal justice system and training for practitioners. Our theatre productions address issues around women and crime.
Clean Break is a producing theatre company with an independent education programme. Both strands of our work are rooted in the belief that theatre changes lives. Behind the scenes, we provide high-quality theatre-based courses, qualifications, training opportunities and specialist support which are critical for the rehabilitation of women offenders. On the stage, we produce ground-breaking and award-winning plays which dramatise women’s experience of, and relationship to, crime and punishment.
Clean Break aims to:
- ARTISTIC: Work together with the most progressive women playwrights to make bold new theatre of a world-class standard: telling hidden stories about women and crime truthfully and skilfully.
- EDUCATION: Transform the lives of women caught up in, and at risk of entering, the criminal justice system through theatre education, holistic support and progression pathways within a safe space.
- ENGAGEMENT: Deliver a dynamic and responsive theatre based programme engaging women in prison, creating meaningful performance opportunities for our graduates, and extending our geographical reach.
- LEADERSHIP: Raise our profile and influence nationally as leaders in theatre, criminal justice, education and women’s sectors through new pieces of research and training in our unique work practices.
- RESILIENCE: To achieve long-term organisational resilience both financially and through investment in our people, the physical environment and the infrastructure.
Established: February 1979
Registered Charity Number: 1017560
Board members: 13
Full time staff: 7
Part time staff: 18
Phone number: 020 7482 8600
Address: 2 Patshull RoadLondon NW5 2LBView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Building women’s resilience using the artsWe provide one-to-one support and specialist courses for vulnerable women, addressing ment... More