Tearfund is a Christian relief and development agency building a global network of churches to help eradicate poverty. Our ten-year vision is to see 50million people released from material and spiritual poverty through a worldwide network of 100,000 local churches.
We work in over 50 countries, supporting around 300 local partners. We save lives when disaster strikes. We campaign and speak out for fair policies that give justice to poor people. And we address the most urgent poverty issues.
At a local level this leads to the mobilisation of communities through their local churches, and empowers them to bring real and long-lasting transformation – socially, materially and spiritually.
Tearfund is a Christian relief and development agency working with a global network of local churches to help eradicate poverty.
Our ten-year vision is to see 50 million people released from material and spiritual poverty through a worldwide network of 100,000 local churches.
Tearfund aims to:
- Preparing for and responding to disasters in the poorest parts of the world and supporting local churches and Christian organisations to prepare for and protect themselves against future disasters.
- Investing in Inspired Individuals who have the vision, entrepreneurship and passion to work through local churches and transform millions of people’s lives.
- Inspiring local churches around the world to reach out to those around them with a message of hope, contributing to economic, physical, psychological, social and spiritual transformation of people.
- Speaking out in advocacy to fight for justice at a local, national and international level and empowering local churches to speak out to those in authority in order to bring about long lasting change.
- Transforming local communities by giving local churches and Christian organisations the tools they need to engage with poverty and injustice in their communities.
Established: January 1968
Registered Charity Number: 265464
Phone number: 0845 355 8355
Address: 100 Church Road Teddington Middlesex TW11 8QEView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Ibinja Water and Sanitation/Hygiene ProjectThis project will ensure that for the first time the residents of all 8 villages on Ibinja... More