Albion in the Community
Albion in the Community
Albion in the Community uses the reach of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club to deliver programmes across Sussex helping participants overcome challenges, to promote wellbeing and raise aspirations.
As the charitable arm of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club we use the power of sport and the reach of the football club to deliver programmes in the areas of sports participation, health and wellbeing, education, disability and social inclusion. Our commitment is that Albion in the Community makes a positive difference to people’s lives. Celebrating diversity, the understanding of the individual, and encouraging personal development are all part of the respect that AITC has for its local communities, and the people within them. By using professional staff to provide premium quality training, we are able to offer services that enrich and transform communities. And we work with many local agencies, forging long and fruitful partnerships, benefiting businesses and improving the lives of local people.
Perhaps one of our beneficiaries can bring to life our impact best. Spencer Radley-Martin, winner of the Football League Disabled Player of the Year in 2013 said, "Without Albion in the Community, I don't think I would be the person I am today. They have given me the chance to do things I never thought I'd be able to do. "
Albion in the Community aims to:
- Increase participation in sport and physical activity Through the provision of accessible football and sports courses for people of all ages and abilities.
- Tackle inequality By delivering programmes that tackle social, physical and mental inequality and empower marginalised people through positive and supportive engagement.
- Improve health and wellbeing Through targeted programmes that raise awareness of health issues and motivate people to make positive changes, particularly those living in areas of health inequality.
- Improve educational attainment By delivering new and creative ways for young people to learn.
- Create employment and career opportunities By providing unique and innovative training and skills programmes alongside a range of qualifications.
Established: July 2005
Registered Charity Number: 1110978
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 35
Part time staff: 85
Phone number: 01273 878265
Address: Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club American Express Community Stadium, Village Way, Brighton BN1 9BLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Jadey's DreamMake Jadey's dream come true and double the reach of AITC’s programme to enable sports p... More