Salisbury Playhouse is an arts and educational charity which seeks to engage, inspire and entertain through live performance and creative participation.
Salisbury Playhouse is one of the jewels in the crown of UK theatre and is one of the UK's leading producing theatres. Salisbury Playhouse is one of Arts Council England's National Portfolio Organisations and also receives funding from Wiltshire Council but it is also reliant on those who have been inspired, engaged and delighted since we opened in 1951.
At the heart of our busy, dynamic building are the productions themselves. With your support we can continue to extend our reputation for fantastic productions; rehearsed, built, costumed and propped onsite at Salisbury Playhouse.
Salisbury Playhouse is not just about outstanding theatre. In 2010/11 more than 14,000 people engaged with the Playhouse through its vibrant Participation programme. We aim to give young people and adults the opportunity to experience theatre at its best, by creating a variety of projects to inspire, empower and enable, while prioritising those who are imaginatively, socially or geographically disadvantaged.
Salisbury Playhouse aims to:
- Build financial stability and invest in the infrastructure of the organisation in order to extend our contribution to Britain's cultural economy.
- To be a beacon of creativity and model of best practice, achieving excellence in every respect, stemming from theatre of the highest standard.
- Engage and increase the size and reach of our audiences demographically, socially and geographically.
- Become a national destination for training and nurturing the talent of the present and of our future.
- Be the cultural heartbeat for our whole community - the place to meet, socialise, be entertained and to be accessible to all.
Established: August 1951
Registered Charity Number: 249169
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 40
Part time staff: 43
Phone number: 01722 345160
Address: Salisbury Playhouse Malthouse Lane Salisbury Wiltshire SP2 7RAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Salisbury Playhouse 40th Anniversary CampaignBreaking down physical barriers so everyone can access Salisbury Playhouse. Our 40 year ol... More