Our Vision is to create positive and lasting change in the lives of young people in Cumbria and particularly to make a significant difference in outcomes for those young people most disadvantaged.
We will deliver our vision through:
• Assisting and encouraging communities to invest in their young people through the supported work of volunteers
• Creating, providing and facilitating developmental programmes and learning
opportunities that support community basedyouth groups and initiatives
• Ensuring our work reflects the needs of young people
Our vision is underpinned by our values:
• We value non-judgemental relationships with young people
• We value openness to personal and social education
• We value diversity
• We believe that people working together can achieve positive and lasting change
• We value partnership based on honesty and respect
• We value innovation and creativity generated by shared endeavour
Young Cumbria aims to:
- We run a residential centre on the shores of Derwentwater for youth groups and clubs.
- We suppport over 100 youth groups across the county deliver high quality youth work to young people.
- We provide high quality training for those working with children and young people across the county and region.
- We delivery high quality youth and community work to communities across Cumbria.
Established: February 1936
Registered Charity Number: 1096253
Board members: 11
Full time staff: 12
Part time staff: 30
Phone number: 017687 75085
Address: The Rawnsley Centre Main Street, Keswick Cumbria CA12 5NPView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website