The Hunger Project UK
The Hunger Project UK
The Hunger Project is committed to the sustainable end of world hunger. With 395,000 indigenous volunteers carrying out our work in 15,000 villages. We need your support to expand our pioneering work.
The Hunger Project is a global, strategic organisation committed to the sustainable end of world hunger. In Africa, Asia and Latin America, The Hunger Project empowers millions of women and men to end their own hunger.
The Hunger Project has pioneered low-cost, bottom-up, gender-focused strategies in each region where hunger persists. These strategies mobilise clusters of rural villages to create and run their own programmes that achieve lasting progress in health, education, nutrition and family income.
Your support is delivering:
- Infrastructure: buildings, schools, health clinics, toilets, solar, food storage facilities.
- Education: nursery school and literacy programmes;
- Health: antenatal, family planning, maternal health and HIV programmes.
- Agriculture: training, tools, land and access to pesticides and seeds;
- Water: providing training and equipment for safe water supplies in all our villages.
- Microfinance: the majority (75%) goes to rural women farmers who start businesses.
Our work empowers local people to take effective, sustainable and strategic action themselves, through training, education and inspired leadership.
The Hunger Project is delivering ground breaking results but with your help we can do much more. Give now and help us build permanent long lasting solutions to hunger and poverty.
Thank you in advance for your support.
The Hunger Project UK aims to:
- The majority of the world's poor are women. Empowering them to be key change agents is a core element to achieving the end of hunger and poverty. Wherever we work, our programmes aim to support women.
- We seek to build people's capacities, leadership and confidence. We train women and men, equipping them with the skills, methods and knowledge needed to take self-reliant actions.
- Local government is closest to the people and has the mission of working with people to meet their basic needs. Strengthening local accountability is critical to our mission to end hunger and poverty.
Established: January 1977
Registered Charity Number: 326688
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 2
Phone number: 07525443068
Address: Building 5, 1st FloorChiswick Park566 Chiswick High RoadLondon, UK W4 5YFView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website