Malaria Consortium is the world’s leading charity dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases. Our aim is to improve and save the lives of some of the poorest and most vulnerable people in Africa and Asia. Our work includes providing an effective response to infectious diseases, particularly those affecting children such as malaria, pneumonia and diarrhoea, and building support for and implementing programmes which enable vulnerable populations to access services and commodities which support prevention, treatment and care.
Malaria is both preventable and treatable and is the greatest health challenge facing people in most African countries. Reducing the burden of malaria is crucial to improving lives and presenting people with the opportunity of lifting themselves out of poverty. Our work improves not only the health of an individual but also strengthens national health systems, which in turn helps support poverty relief and economic prosperity.
Our programmes and activities can be grouped in six main areas:
1. Improve the delivery systems through public and private sector to increase coverage of malaria prevention among vulnerable populations
2. Increase access to effective treatment of malaria to reduce mortality especially among young children and pregnant women:
3. Deliver services to hard-to-reach populations especially in post-conflict situations
4. Undertake operational research, monitoring and evaluation oriented to improving the delivery of effective interventions
5. Enhance capacity in partner countries and organisations to control malaria and other diseases among vulnerable groups
6. Advocate to mobilise parliamentarians, media and civil society in the fight against malaria
Registered Charity Number: 1099776
Phone number: 020 7549 0210View charity accounts on the Charity Commission website