As the UK's only Parkinson's support and research charity, we’re leading the work to find a cure and improve life for those affected. We also campaign to change attitudes and demand better services.
Parkinson’s UK exists to:
1. Find a cure for Parkinson’s, our ultimate ambition.
2. Improve life for everyone affected by the condition.
We are the largest charity funder of high quality Parkinson's research in the UK and are currently funding 90 research projects around the country. Major advances have come from research that we have supported and this has helped to improve treatment and care for people living with Parkinson's, both within the UK and worldwide.
Whilst our search for a cure continues, we aim to improve the lives of everyone affected by condition so that no one faces Parkinson’s alone. We provide:
• Funding for a UK network of 350 Parkinson’s specialist nurses
• Support for those affected by Parkinson’s via our 370 local community groups and a peer support service
• Expert information and support via trained advisors (including Parkinson’s nurses) on our free confidential helpline, our UK network of local information and support workers, and our website and free information resources
• Opportunities to campaign and lobby decision makers to get a fairer deal for people with Parkinson's, their carers and families
• Education for health and social care professionals on the issues faced by people living with Parkinson’s and their carers, and raise awareness of the condition with the general public.
We work tirelessly to ensure no one faces Parkinson's alone.
Parkinson's UK aims to:
- Find a cure for Parkinson’s, our ultimate ambition.
- Improve life for everyone affected by the condition.
Established: February 1969
Registered Charity Number: 258197
Board members: 12
Full time staff: 219
Part time staff: 178
Phone number: 0207 963 9333
Address: Parkinson's UK 215 Vauxhall Bridge Road London W1V 1EJView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Parkinson's UK Specialist Nurse AppealTo provide funds for our Parkinson's UK Specialist Nurse Appeal who provide expert and vit... More