Self Help Africa
Self Help Africa
Self Help Africa works to improve the lives of Africa's poorest people. We enable families to grow enough food to feed themselves and earn a sustainable living. Self Help Africa's vision is a rural Africa free from poverty and hunger.
Self Help Africa works with local staff, partners and local communities in Ethiopia, Malawi, Zambia, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Eritrea, Togo and Burkina Faso.
Self Help Africa’s Mission Statement is to support sustainable livelihoods for Africa’s smallholder farmers.
Our strategic plan for 2017 - 2021 is underpinned by four core values:
1. Equality: We believe in equality. People are equal in rights and must be treated with respect and dignity.
2. Innovation: We are conscious that finding effective solutions requires innovative thinking combined with a pragmatic approach.
3. Learning: We strive for the highest quality standards in our work and encourage a culture of constant learning and improvement.
4. Accountability: Accountability and transparency is central to all our actions and use of resources.
Self Help Africa aims to:
- By 2021 Self Help Africa aims to support one million households.
- By 2021 Self Help Africa aim to have a reduction in stunting of children under five by 5%
- By 2021 Self Help Africa aim to have an average increase in income of 100% of smallholder farmers.
- By 2021 Self Help Africa aim to Increase the turnover for supported agri-enterprises by more than 10%, year on year.
- By 2021 Self Help Africa aim to have helped 30 agri-enterprises supported to scale their operations to regional/national markets.
Established: March 1984
Registered Charity Number: 298830
Board members: 4
Full time staff: 8
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 01743 277170
Address: Second Floor,Westgate House,Dickens Court,off Hills Lane,Shrewsbury,Shropshire SY1 1QUView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Financial services for rural communitiesIn rural Ethiopia, access to financial services can improve livelihoods. For farmers, the... More