YMCAs in England and Wales impact on more than 600,000 lives every year
Through YMCAs’ work helping young people and communities with housing, health, training, education and more, we intensively support 228,000 young people every year; provide nearly 11,000 beds for young people every night; support almost 53,000 people engage in education, skills and training and serve more than 660 different communities across the country.
YMCA enables people to develop their full potential in mind, body and spirit. Inspired by, and faithful to, our Christian values, we create supportive, inclusive and energising communities, where young people can truly belong, contribute and thrive.
YMCA England aims to:
- Support & advice: We believe every young person should have someone they can trust.
- Accommodation: We believe every young person should have a safe place to stay.
- Family work: We believe every family should have the support they need to develop and lead fulfilling lives.
- Health & wellbeing: We believe everyone should enjoy the benefits of good health and wellbeing.
- Training & education: We believe every young persons should be able to fulfil their potential
Established: June 1844
Registered Charity Number: 212810
Board members: 50
Full time staff: 178
Part time staff: 130
Phone number: 020 7186 9500
Address: Third Floor, 10-11 Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6EHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website