The Bromley by Bow Centre
The Bromley by Bow Centre
We have grown to become a very complex organisation, running a huge range of projects across different sites. We work with over 2,000 people each month, and our services are tailored to the needs of the whole community. We support people in four main ways:
• Support people to overcome chronic illness and unhealthy lifestyles.
• Enable people to learn new skills.
• Support people to become less grant dependent and to find work.
• Provide the tools to create an enterprising community.
Our mission is to help create a cohesive, healthy, successful and vibrant community, and to remove the label ‘deprived’ from Bromley by Bow. A model that works The Bromley by Bow Centre is an internationally renowned charity which has earned a reputation as a dynamic and pioneering organisation that has transformed its community over 30 years.
Our focus is on supporting vulnerable young people, adults and families who can be hard to reach through conventional statutory service support.
Our approach is therefore based on three key principals: Accessibility Making it easy for people to access support by bringing services together and delivering a friendly and sensitive service in high quality buildings. Integrated Services Offering a broad holistic range of services so people can find help for both their most immediate problems and longer term deep-seated issues. Long Journeys Encouraging people to gradually build up the skills and confidence they need to progress in life and build a positive future for their families. Each month, we support over 2,000 people to improve their health and wellbeing, learn new skills, find employment and develop the confidence to achieve their goals. At the heart of the model is the phrase
The Bromley by Bow Centre aims to:
- Support Healthy Lives and Choices: We work in partnership with the onsite GP practice, providing clinical support alongside a diverse offering of 'social prescriber' activities.
- Build Financial Independence: Our employability, skills and enterprise programmes provide a range of accredited training and vocational opportunities for those most distanced from the labour market.
- Maximise Inclusion: Our service provision works to ensure individuals who have learning, mental health of physical disabilities have equal access to opportunities.
- Nurture a resilient community: Our Ethos drives the Centre to be continually responsive to local need. We work with the community through volunteer-led services, Time-Banking, events and campaigns.
Established: October 1994
Registered Charity Number: 1041653
Board members: 12
Full time staff: 58
Part time staff: 40
Phone number: 020 8709 9849
Address: St Leonard's Street E3 3BTView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website